Acquisition Due Diligence
Management & Consulting for the Self Storage Industry
This service is designed for investors or buyers as an evaluation tool used during the due diligence or pre due diligence period. It is intended to provide a more thorough assessment of the investment before purchase.
- A general property overview; curb appeal, cleanliness, general condition.
- Provide an evaluation of the appearance of the office, rest rooms, and employees.
- Provide an evaluation of staff and staffing requirements.
- Perform a complete physical unit inventory (walk-through), report discrepancies. Verify vacant units are clean and ready to rent, review company units, inspect offline, un-rentable and complimentary units.
- Audit a sample 20% of leases and compare them to the computer. Check that rental agreements and file documents are compete and correct with proper signatures, verify to computer. Look for potential rental agreement problems.
- Review fee waives, discounts and concessions, Review rent variations, exceptions and reversals.
- Review cash handling, manual processing methods and banking procedures.
- Review accounts receivables & delinquent tenant management practices.
- Verify merchandise inventory.
- Provide an overview of operational efficiency.
- Identify potential deferred maintenance/ security issues/technology opportunities.
- Analyze street rates as compared to closest 3-4 competitors.
- Unit Mix Review- Conversion Opportunities.
- Marketing Review- yellow pages, internet, other marketing programs in place.
- Identify additional income opportunities such as merchandise sales, insurance, trucks, business services, etc.